research assistant

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Neurotic Iraqi Wife

Neurotic Iraqi Wife:
Anyways, Constitution Day was on Saturday and I VOTED, YAAAAAAAAAY. (guess which hand is mine???actually its the one wearing a beige sweater,lol since Im freezing all the time).I didnt think I would be allowed to vote since I havent registered but hey I aint complaining. We went as a group from work, at first we thought we could cast our votes in the convention center in the GZ, but as we got in line, a guy came up to us and asked whether we were members of the National Assembly. We shook our heads, and said no, so apparantely the place was just for VIP's but after 3pm regular people could go in. We decided that it was far much of a hassle to wait and decided to go and vote in one of the schools that was a voting center.
Whenever I talk to someone they ask how is the "aroosa doing", aroosa=bride and then how is the "irees doing" irees=groom. And the most normal expression after that "hessa shidoo il himma oo jeeboo jahal" oh god which literally translates into "cmon work hard at IT and get some kids".....hmmm how do they suppose we can have kids if me and HUBBY are separated by thousands of miles, is there an einstein somewhere that has a solution?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home